On Halloween Evening, over 75 FIABCI members and guests enjoyed a fabulous ‘Masked Fete’ Welcome Reception at Renelle on the River in the River North Neighborhood of Chicago, kicking off FIABCI-USA’s 2017 Business Forum & Grand Prix of Real Estate Award Ceremony.
Special thanks to our sponsor the Belgravia Group.
Renelle on the River Showroom located at
405 North Wabash Avenue
Thank You to our Sponsor and Host
Wednesday November 1
The InterContinental Hotel Chicago
The FIABCI-USA Business Forum commenced with a general meeting that was open to all members. Next, a session lead by the very highly regarded Adorna Carroll, President of Dynamic Directions that focused on Leadership & Governance Training. Copies of Adorna’s handouts are available upon written request to firstname.lastname@example.org. The afternoon then hosted three panel discussions.
Art of the Auction Panel Discussion
The opening panel discussion was moderated by Sheldon Good, The Good Realty Group | FIABCI WORLD President 1996-97 and Past National President CCIM. Panelists included:
- Liam Hogan, Hogan Estates, Dublin, Ireland
- Maria Babaev, Licensed Associate Broker with Douglas Elliman Real Estate, New York
- Gordon J. Greene, CCIM, AARE, Manager, Accelerated Marketing, Hanna Commercial Real Estate/Chartwell Real Estate Auctions
How the Tech Industry is Influencing Commercial Real Estate
The second panel discussion was moderated by Robin Webb, CCIM, Managing Director, NAI Realvest & 2017 International President of CCIM Institute. Panelists included:
- Tom Alexander, COO, 1871 Chicago Technology Incubator
- David P. Ellerman, CCIM, CIPS, Managing Broker/Owner, Sperry CGA-Ellerman Brokerage
- Andy Velkme, CIPS, Senior Broker, Caton Commercial Real Estate Group
Sharing Best Practices: Leveraging FIABCI Membership for Exponential Growth
The final panel discussion was moderated by Kellee Buhler, FIABCI New York/Northeast President and Licensed Associate Broker, COMPASS. Panelists included:
- Farook Mahmood, FIABCI WORLD President, Chairman & Managing Director, Silverline Group
- Susan Greenfield, FIABCI-USA President 2017-2018, Licensed Associate Broker, Brown Harris Stevens
- Vanessa Saunders, Principal Broker, CEO, Global Property Systems Real Estate, White Plains, NY
- Paul Boomsma, President, Luxury Portfolio, Leading Real Estate Companies of the World
Grand Prix of Real Estate Awards High Tea at the Drake Hotel
The group then moved to the Drake Hotel for the 2017 Grand Prix of Real Estate Awards. See links below for more information.
Thank You Sponsors
FIABCI-USA is grateful to our generous sponsors including the following:
Grand Prix/Business Forum Sponsors
Business Forum Moderator/Speaker Gift Sponsor
Business Forum Breakfast Sponsors
& the Law Office of Mary F. Murray